The Workspace settings menu, located within the main Settings section of Kubeark, provides a comprehensive view and control panel for all available Workspaces. This area is useful for administrators to effectively manage the various Workspaces within the platform.
Upon accessing the Workspace Settings, users are presented with a list of all existing Workspaces. This list offers an at-a-glance view of each Workspace, including relevant details that aid in quick identification and selection.
The user interface is designed for ease of use and clarity. Each Workspace in the list is accompanied by intuitive icons and options for editing or deletion. Clear prompts and confirmations are provided to ensure users are aware of the implications of their actions, particularly in the case of deleting a Workspace.
Users have the option to create new Workspaces. This function is essential for starting new projects or organizing resources for different teams or purposes. The creation process involves specifying details such as the Workspace name, description, and configuring relevant settings and permissions.
Step 1: Go to the Settings Management sections within the main features menu and select Workspaces
Step 2: Add the necessary arguments such as workspace name, description and tags
Step 3: Click on Save
By marking a Workspace as a favourite, users can quickly access their most frequently used or important Workspaces. This feature is particularly beneficial in environments where numerous Workspaces exist, as it helps in prioritizing and organizing them more efficiently. Favourite Workspaces are typically highlighted or listed at the top of the Workspace menu, allowing for swift navigation and reduced search time.
Existing Workspaces can be modified to reflect changes in project scope, team structure, or other requirements. The edit option allows users to update Workspace details such as name, description or tags, ensuring that each Workspace remains aligned with its intended purpose and current needs. It comprises two main tabs: Workspace Details and Permissions each serving a specific purpose in Workspace customization and security.
The Workspace details tab facilitates the following actions:
- Edit Workspace Name: Users can update the name of the Workspace to reflect the current focus or project scope.
- Modify Workspace Description: The description field can be edited to provide more context or updated information about the Workspace.
- Manage Tags: Users have the option to add, remove, or modify tags associated with the Workspace. Tags are instrumental in categorizing and locating Workspaces, especially in environments with multiple Workspaces.
The Permissions tab enables the following actions:
- Add User Role: This function allows administrators to assign roles to users within the Workspace. Roles are crucial for defining the level of access and control a user has.
- Add a User: Administrators can invite new users to the Workspace, enhancing collaboration and resource sharing.
- Edit Permissions: Permissions for each user can be tailored based on a CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) logic. This ensures precise control over who can access and modify various aspects of the Workspace, enhancing security and operational efficiency.
- Delete user: This functionality allows administrators to remove a user's access to the Workspace entirely.
When a Workspace is no longer needed, it can be safely removed from the system. This option should be used with caution, as it involves permanently deleting the Workspace and potentially all associated resources and configurations.