Kubeark Templates enable you to customize everything needed to fit your pipeline needs. Define it once and use it multiple times! Templates in Kubeark are pre-built configurations that include all the resources necessary to run a specific workload or application. They are designed to save time and reduce errors when scaling, by providing all the necessary infrastructure, platform, and software components. They are easy for users to implement and get started with.
Kubeark supports template versioning - The templates within the Kubeark platform have the capability to have an unrestricted number of versions, however, the number of active versions will depend on the type of license purchased.
Multiple template versions can be created, however please consider that the number of active versions allowed depends on the type of license allocated to the respective user.
Going further, let’s see how to create and manage template versions.
- To begin, go to the Template Management menu on the left-hand side of your platform interface and select Groups.
- Select your group from the list of existing groups and here you will see the Templates list.
- Select your desired template from the list of templates
- On the upper right side of the screen, an option named Create Version will be visible. Here you will also find a list of all available versions linked to this main template, if any have been previously created.
- Upon selecting the Create version button, a new window will display, which allows you to update the required arguments for your new template version
- Two important sections to be considered when creating a template version are the Chart information and the Additional parameters
The Chart information section: Here you will be able to add the chart information, repository name, repository URL and Path
The Additional parameters section
- Once you have added all the arguments, click on Save