Bulk Update Deployments
Kubeark is an enterprise-grade platform designed to simplify container and application management for organizations of all sizes. One of its unique characteristics is the capability to execute bulk update deployments on clusters, enabling quick and easy system changes.
This means that organizations can quickly and easily roll out updates to their applications, ensuring that all users have access to the latest and most secure features. With Kubeark, managing large-scale container deployments has never been easier.
Continuing our exploration of Kubeark's features, let’s see in detail how this works.
- To begin, go to the
Template Managementmenu on the left-hand side of your platform interface and select
- Select your group from the list of existing groups and here you will see the Templates list. Then, select your desired template from the list of templates.
- On the upper right side of the screen, an option named
Create Versionwill be visible. Here you will also find a list of all available versions linked to this main template, if any have been previously created
- Select the template version that you want to modify. We will call this the “target” version going forward.
Please note that bulk update deployments can be performed on active template versions only. These are easy to identify by checking the blue dot icon associated with the version name
- Once you have selected the target version, click on
- Here you will see a list of all available deployments. Select the deployments you want to migrate by using the checkboxes on the left-side of the list.
The list will only show deployments available in other template versions, for migration purposes. The ones that are already associated with your target version will not be displayed.
Kubeark allows for multiple deployments to be selected, including deployments associated with different versions
- Upon selecting the deployments you want to upgrade, click on
Upgrade [#] deployments
- After selecting the desired option, a new page will be displayed, providing you with the ability to add and configure the necessary parameters for your updated template. When configuring the parameters for your updated template, Kubeark offers flexibility as follows:
- Option 1: select from a list of pre-existing parameters that are available in your target template
- Option 2: define your own custom parameters, tailored to meet the specific requirements of your updated template
- Option 3: use a combination of pre-existing parameters and newly defined custom parameters.
If there are no changes to your parameters, you also have the option to leave the existing parameters intact.
- Once you have added the required parameters, click
- After completing the previously mentioned steps and updating your deployments, it is important to validate the success of this operation
- To do so, navigate to the
Analyticstab in the main platform menu and select
- Within this section, you will be able to review the status of the update process and ensure that all changes have been applied successfully.As soon as the update process shows finished on the
Jobspage, all your deployments are updated.