The templates within the Kubeark support an unrestricted number of versions, however, only one version can be designated as active at a time.
- Each Template can have an unlimited number of versions, but only one version can be active at a time.
- Only the active version of a Template can be deployed.
- Users have the option of migrating a deployment from a previous version to the active version
The following benefits are available when using the Kubeark platform:
- The ease of which Templates can be moved between Groups enables users to manage multiple deployments without the need for rework, manual copying or duplication.
- The ability to update all deployments associated with previous versions of a Template with a few clicks simplifies the application update management.
- Existing deployments are protected by preventing the deletion of versions with associated apps, which ensures the stability and reliability of existing systems.
- The dry test functionality allows users to validate a version's functionality before deploying it, lowering the risk of unexpected issues or failures. By detecting potential problems early in the deployment process, this feature can save time and resources.